Certainly not an exhaustive list of ideas but they certainly help us:
- When you exchange Business Cards with People you meet – write down where and when you met them on the back!
- Always pass referrals wherever possible… pay it forward! As Anthony Robbins the development speaker says ‘The law of reciprocation will tip in your favour!
- Describe your product or service Succinctly and eloquently – practice your 30 second ‘Elevator’ pitch….
- Do not remian with friends or associates at networking events…. mingle and spend less than 10minutes with any one individual… you can always arrange a follow up meeting!
- When you say you will… Follow up, Follow up, Follow up!
- Listen and ask W questions…. Who, what,where,when and why???
- Try to assume the role of a Host during events… never the guest!
- Try to have networking tools on you at all times… Business Cards, information,diary,electronic diary etc… its your business in its mobile form!
- Goalsetting for numbers of new prospects at a meeting is paramount!